The Best In Blogging
1. Do you think that blogging activity improves your writing skill?
- Blogging activity has improved my writing skill as I did a lot of writings for the postings in my blog. I believe that all student wanted to give their very best in their blog, so do I. For this IT and Language course, the syllabus help me a lot in writing skill. For example during tutorial class we have been given a task to explore the ESL websites. Before this, I never know that there are various interactive and interesting English websites that available on the internet. So, from all this websites, I learn something especially for my English language competency.
2. Do you think that blog is a useful learning experience for you?
- Definitely, in my opinion, blog is very useful especially for me as I can convey my ideas and message via blog to others. As for me, I really enjoy blogging as I can explore any information regarding my course besides it gives me freedom to learn on my own. Moreover, the activities during tutorial class is very interesting for instance online language game, online quizzes, ESL websites etc.
3. What do you think that you need to know before you can complete the blogging activity
- Before I can complete the blogging activity, I would like to know how to make my blog more attractive. I feel that, there are lots of things that I have to explore. I wanted to put some elements that can attract people to visit my blog again and again and they enjoy visiting my blog. If you have any suggestion, just post your comment to me, I will accept all your good ideas and advices in order to improve my blog.
4. What are your problems that you face using blog?
- The problems that I facing while using blog is in organizing my blog. While writing in the blog I wanted my blog to look well organized especially the words and the pictures that I wanted to put together. Some of the picture I cannot arrange it properly as I wanted, may be because of the blog template that I have choose or may be I have not learn that particular skill.
5. Will you tell your friends, recommend to others about blogging?
- Of course I will suggest my friends to join blogging activities by having an active blog. Blogging is not a wasting of time, as we will obtain many useful information and skill. Don't worry if you are not good in computer literacy. You can just ask your friends and teachers who are master in this skill or you can just explore by yourself. As a result you become an autonomous learner which finally will benefit you.
6. Now that you are able to blog online will you continue using it even after the SKBP is over?
- I will continue using blog although the SKBP is over. If I have something to share with my friend and others, I would like to use blog. So far, this is the helpful way for me to share my experience or thought with other people.
Labels: Language and IT
"Beyond Concordance Line: Using Concordances to Investigate Language Development"
- Hi there! For this posting I would like to discuss about the article by Arshad Abd. Samad. Arshad Abd. Samad try tell us on how by using the concordance, we can examine the language expansion. First of all, the language corpus offers a useful resource in language learning in nowadays and during the era of computer-assisted language learning (CALL). According to Woorlad (2000), the language corpus is very useful as it has been used as the basis of dictionaries and teaching material. Its use is now better as the easy availability of concordance software such as Wordsmith, MonoConc Pro and Microconcord. This software can help in analyzing language data and greatly extend the possible of a corpus in language pedagogy. Frequently, corpora assist to notify on how words and grammatical structure. Therefore, teachers, researchers and language learner typically look at concordance lines to learn how words and grammatical constructions are used. Schmitt argues that, the benefits of using corpus is to help students to “look at the systematically systematicity of language as an interesting linguistic puzzle, rather than a set of boring rules to be memorized”. RANGE is a new software that developed by linguistics practitioners has provided an additional viewpoint to corpus studies. In Malaysia, two efforts that have been done about the Malaysian learner’s corpus that collected by University Malaya and the English of Malaysian school students or EMAS corpus by researches of University Putra Malaysia. According to Arshad, the EMAS corpus consists of close to half a million word. The students that involved in this study had been asked to write three essays of different topics. Besides, the students were also consists of three age groups, which are year five of primary school, form one and form four of secondary school. From this study, they can inspect language development by comparing the performance of three age group, such as their language productivity and vocabulary use. Beside that, by using software such as RANGE, the sophistication of vocabulary also can be determined. In conclusion, this article is actually tried to concern the use of a corpus in language teaching and learning. Even though concordance software can help in analyzing the language data accessible, but many may still be easily disturb by the huge amount of data available. Besides, this article has tried to present the significance of corpus data in investigating the language development without having to analyze concordance line.
- My friend and I have discovered concordance on a poem 'Ode on a gracian urn' by John Keats. For example the usage of the word 'are' in this poems:
- What men or gods are these? What maidens loth? (Stanza 1)
- Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard (Stanza 2)
- Are sweeter; therefore, ye soft pipes, play on; (Stanza 2)
- Who are these coming to the sacrifice? (Stanza 4)
- The use of concordance in litearary work are to analyze the repetition of keywords in the prose fiction such as poems, drama, short stories etc. Beside that, it can also comparing the different usage of the same word. For example the word 'are' that had been given above, showed you the different location of the word 'are' which are in the beginning and in the middle of the lines. Furthermore, concordance can help you in finding and analysing the phrases and idioms and finally it can creates indexes and word list that is very useful for publishing.
- If you want to see more about the concordance in this poem you can visit this website
Labels: Language and IT
UJI ICT TEST
Online Quiz Results
Top of Form
Online Quiz Results :: Kemahiran Asas ICT
Your Score : 20/30
Online Quiz Results Summary
Total Class #Attempts
Your Quiz Score
Your Highest Score Ever
Note: This may not be your final marks. Due to some of the subjective and semi-objective questions (short essay and fill in the blank).
Bottom of Form
After I have done UJI ICT for the ASAS LEVEL for about 30 minutes, I felt that I need to know more about computer literacy. Actually I'm not satisfied with my mark, the problem is the test was conducted in Malay language. There are some terms that I didn't understand as I usually know the terms in English. But, UJI ICT for ASAS LEVEL is only a basic knowledge that actually each student should know. All the questions is not too difficult as compared to UJI ICT for LANJUTAN LEVEL. Furthermore, these kinds of test will give us advantages in order to improve our ICT knowledge, from here we will know which level we are in. As for me, I believed that after using the computer and it applications, we will master the skill step by step.
Labels: Language and IT